APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO DALILA BUSINESS SKILLS LAB TRAINING 2022The DALILA project invites applications for the Business Skills Lab (an intense course on how to successfully start and run a business) to be facilitated by two accelerator enterprises i.e., Sahara Ventures from Tanzania and INOMA from Spain. It is essential that you complete all relevant sections of this form. This will ensure efficient processing of your application.
Call for applications to the Business Skills Lab
Partner Universities of DALILA consortium:
Uganda Martyrs University, Uganda Christian University, University of Dodoma, State University of Zanzibar
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION:
Students of Uganda Martyrs University, Uganda Christian University:
August 12th, 2022
Students of University of Dodoma, State University of Zanzibar:
September 30th, 2022
APPLY TO THE BUSINESS SKILLS LAB
Fill out the application form here!
What is the Business Skills Lab?
The activities of the Business Skills Lab envision the link between universities and the local labour market and integrate employability-focused moments into the universities’ curricula.
The Business Skills Lab is an intense course on how to successfully start a business and will involve a key local actor, Sahara Ventures (Tanzania), in training and supporting micro and small entrepreneurs aiming at building a new young Africa's innovation and technology entrepreneurship ecosystem.
Moreover, the Business Skills Lab will also encourage the use of Innovation Technologies, organising practical modules about digital approaches of go to market strategy. This activity will be conducted by the Spanish company INOMA.
Another key element is to liaise local universities with employers and local businesses to create work experience opportunities for students. This goal will be pursued with renewable energy local company visits as well as the creation of a web platform to increase the employability of students, connecting them with local enterprises.
The Business Skills Lab will expose students to key entrepreneurial concepts, such as: Ideation, Team Building, Product Research, Customer Validation, Design Thinking, Business Model Generation, Branding, Legal Requirements, Accounting, Management, Marketing.
The training experience will mainly focus on two aspects:
- Entrepreneurial Mind-set and Development of Business Plans
- Design Thinking and Prototyping.
Group exercises, case studies, and discussion forums will help students to apply knowledge learned to real-life situations.
There are n. 30 available positions at each Partner University. These positions are partially reserved to students that have enrolled to at least one of the new DALILA courses, however the remaining positions will be filled by other participants that fulfill the following criteria:
1. BSc or MSc students enrolled to one of the Partner Universities of the DALILA consortium
2. Preferentially, BSc or MSc students enrolled in engineering, scientific, or economic faculties
3. Preferentially, demonstrated interest towards the Business Skills Lab’s topics
The selection process, carried out by the Steering Committee’s members, will consider the information provided by students in the motivation letter and the academic performances reported in the CV. The selection criteria and selection process will ensure the highest degree of diversity in terms of gender, disability and social background. The applicant is invited to:
- Fill up the e-form with all the administrative data
- Upload an updated curriculum vitae (max 4 pages) showing the level of compentences, working experiences, personal capabilities
- Write a motivation letter (max 1 page), describing and motivating the reasons of the interest in the participation
Students enrolled to other academic courses are also encouraged to apply.
- Getting an international experience from international facilitators
- Skills in new venture creation and management
- Increased chances of starting own business after graduation
- Gaining skills for soliciting funding for one’s own business
- Gaining foundational skills, knowledge and resources required to build their start-ups
The Business Skills Labs are scheduled at the Beneficiary Universities as follows:
1) Uganda Christian University and Uganda Martyrs University: from September 12th to September 30th, 2022
2) University of Dodoma and State University of Zanzibar: from October 31st to November 12th, 2022
For apply please refer to the table below:
|Location||Start date for application||Deadline for application||Publication of selection results|
|Uganda Christian University||July 11th, 2022||August 12th, 2022||September 1st, 2022|
|Uganda Martyrs University||July 11th, 2022||August 12th, 2022||September 1st, 2022|
|University of Dodoma||August 30th, 2022||September 30th, 2022||October 15th, 2022|
|State University of Zanzibar||August 30th, 2022||September 30th, 2022||October 15th, 2022|
The detailed agenda providing further information related to the Business Skills Lab courses will be provided soon on this platform.